Monday, March 27, 2006

Wicked



I just went to the Ford Center in downtown Chicago to see 'Wicked.' It was wonderful! The play is based on the book by Gregory Maguire called 'Wicked.' As the ads say, a lot happened in Oz before Dorothy dropped in, and this is the life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West. You'll never look at the movie the same way again.

But the play was fabulous!! A coworker bought tickets months ago and then couldn't go, so a friend and I bought them from him. The seats were great - front and center. I was fascinated by the set - it was really cool!

It was a clever play, very well done, and I definitely recommend that you go see it if possible. One word of caution - if you see it in Chicago, don't sit under the balcony as your view of the really cool dragon at the top of the set is cut off.

Here's a neat link with pictures and such for more information. (It's also where I stole the graphic above from.)

No comments: