Monday, September 11, 2006

Huh, Weird.

Alright, well, over here in real life, the end of our fiscal year is approaching and I'm freaking out trying to cram all the crap in that I've neglected for the past several months. Eek!

More fun, I'm working on that freaking HUGE list of things that I've done. I don't remember now who I stole it from. Could be Stu, Suldog, or a couple of others. It's REALLY long though, and taking me longer than I thought. I think I'm going to have to break it into several posts - it's too long even for one of my epic novels.

Here's where the weird part comes in. My profile view thingie jumped from 74 to 97 over the weekend. It was 74 for months, after a jump from 53. Before that, it was 32. Are these the most random number ever or what?? How in the bejeezus do they figure this stuff?

More weirdness, from my truly crappy weekend: why would someone who is smart, drop dead gorgeous, sweet (and, incidentally, one of my best friends) return to the loser asshole who introduced her to the wonders of physical and emotional abuse? She called me this weekend to ask me to call the police department in her town and tell them that I had either lied or was mistaken in the Aft of David that I submitted to them via a lawyer's office over a year ago. This was after she had fled the state, and her soon-to-be-ex husband, after he walked through a restraining order and hurt her again. She arrived at the airport black and blue and barely able to walk. I refused to do any such thing, which lead to a lovely little screaming match. After she hung up on me, I called her parents and demanded to know what the f*ck was going on. This was the first that her father had heard that she had taken the scumball back. Shortly thereafter, she called back to call me an interfering bitch for ratting her out to her folks. To which I replied that she was 35 years old and it should be a clue that she was sneaking around behind her family's back at this point in her life. How can she be so stupid??

Gah. I'm going to go soak my head. Maybe this will make more sense then.

2 comments:

Stu said...

I am so sorry for you on the friend tip. Sometimes you have to cut yourself off from the past and move forward. Remember, this is your life, you're not just a bit player in someone else's life. Be good to yourself.

Rurality said...

I had a friend in the same position once. Can't tell them anything... they won't believe you.