Monday, November 13, 2006

Again With The Invisible Things...



It's started again. This time last year, I posted about my Sophia and the no-see-'ems that she hunts. I wondered if the presence of the Peanut would affect her behavior. The answer? Nope. But, the kitten doesn't appear to see the things either. Last night, and for the last couple of weeks, Sophia has been on the prowl for the migrating whatsits, while the psycho kitten sprawls across the coffee table and watches her with a puzzled look.

Peanut is always ready to help, and sometimes she follows Sophia in the stalk, but she has no clue what's going on. It's been highly entertaining. Last night, Sophia apparently catch one, and then came over and dropped it next to Peanut - like she was trying to teach her to hunt these things. Peanut didn't get it. At all. Finally the thing tried to run and Sophia recaptured it, and ate it. (No, I can't see 'em either - I'm taking it on faith that there is *something* there that Sophia hunts. *shrug* Could be true, who am I to judge?)

I find it interesting that this hunting the invisibles behavior occurs with such regularity. Ghost mice? Critters from the fourth dimension? My cat needs lithium? Who knows, but it is fun to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big cat lover, too. Thanks for the swell spooky photo :-)