Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blankets Away...

It's done! It's done, it's done, it's done! Finally! It took forever, but I am finally ready to mail out the blanket I made for my friend's new baby. (Okay, new in October, but still small enough for the blanket.)



It's still not perfect, not by any stretch, but I think I made fewer mistakes this time. It's much more of a rectangle than the last one, although somehow it ended up being wider than it is long. Not sure how I managed that one. And again, I managed an entire row when I either knit instead of perled or vice versa.



The colors don't show up very well in the pictures. The yarn (Red Heart Baby Clouds in Tutti-Fruiti and White Swirl) is marbled with soft colors - pink, yellow, green, pale blue and lavender. And the blanket is very snuggly and soft - it got even softer when I washed it.



Now all I have to do is get it in the mail...

Special picture bonus: my lovely dining room table.

2 comments:

R.Powers said...

Hey, it's perfect and hand made by someone who cares. You made an heirloom. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

That blanket is so precious - and I'm sure that the baby will be wrapped up warm and snug many times this winter!