Monday, December 01, 2008

Wow, I Needed That!

Last week started with the typical work crap, and Tuesday was capped off with six fun filled hours of a communications workshop where they tried to get me to be "empathic, sympathic and maintaining their self esteem" while dressing down some idiot. Yeah, whatever. You want sympathy, do not hire an engineer. Plus, it was stupid. Our problem isn't communication. Our problem is the lying, back-stabbing @$$holes that we work with - that's the problem. I never know whether to give them credit for trying or be sad and scared that they're so clueless. At least this year they didn't try to force me into doing trust tests - yeah, 'cause that's my best thing!

Anywho, Wednesday, I got up early, cleaned, packed, etc etc etc. I thought I'd get out of here early which, given my history, is absurd, but I remain hopeful. Just the oil change took over an hour. So it was 4:30 by the time I left. (It means nothing that I also took time to blog.) The drive was long and boring - which is good. Exciting drives are typically bad. Finally, finally, I made it and by 3 am I was cuddled into bed at my aunt's.

The remainder of my week rocked! I knew that I really really wanted to come home, but until I was there, I didn't realize how much I needed to spend some time at home. Hanging out with the family, and as many friends as I could pack into a couple of days was exactly what I needed to gird myself to come back here.

And I did something that I didn't really ever think I'd work up my nerve to do. The bet helped. So did the tequila. But it really deserves a post of its own, so I'll leave it at that.

I drove back here on Sunday, and again the drive was boring. Well, mostly. The pouring rain and the stupid/crazy drivers livened things up a bit. And, now I'm back here. Total buzzkill. But it's only a month 'till Christmas!

No comments: