Monday, January 19, 2009

Really?

This is funny. I only have to go into work if I want to tomorrow 'cause the weather people said it was going to snow so they shut down the factory. At the time, it wasn't even cloudy.

And the stores are out of bread, milk, beer and toilet paper - the necessities, you know.

I have a very important supplier meeting tomorrow with people who are leaving to return to Germany on Wednesday, so as long as the weather doesn't totally suck, I'll be going in. *sigh*

Last weekend, I went to Chicago. There was like 4 inches of snow on the runway, and a couple more had fallen by the time I got to the rental car. No one really paid attention. Just in case you weren't already aware, the south is different.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how different folks react to weather. Even from generation to generation it's varied. I see them canceling school on some days and I say to myself, "Oh, man, this is just good sledding weather. Who are they worried about here, the teachers or the kids?"

R.Powers said...

We do tend to panic at the white stuff.
Yet, we party during hurricanes ... go figure.