Monday, March 30, 2009

Stream of Something, Probably Not Conscious

What a craptastic day!

First, it's Monday, so of course it sucks. And, I slept ALL weekend long, so of course I was up until oh-dawn-thirty this morning, so I got about two hours of sleep and my hair was still dripping wet when I rolled out of bed this morning, completely late. I got ready to leave while on a conference call, which I totally thought I had muted myself, right up until I started swearing at the damn cat, at which point the very polite German gentlemen pointed out that they'd been listening to me mutter to myself for 15 minutes and what exactly did $%)(#%)@#(*T)$^)#(*)@#$)($#*T mean anyway. Then I fell down my steps, tripping over the same damn cat.

Made it into work to find my little German shadow in the office - I'd COMPLETELY forgotten that he'd be here ALL this week. I was talking to him while I made the coffee and apparently I can't talk and scoop 'cause the coffee turned out so awful that the shadow gagged and spit it on himself when he tried to drink it, which I found so entertaining that I snorted coffee out my nose, which REALLY burns.

My shadow not only made it impossible for me to get any freakin' thing done today, he made me late to every meeting. My computer choked and ate a spreadsheet that I'd been working on for 2 days - 10 minutes before I was due to present it.

Then I went to lunch with the shadow and a friend, and the cute little server "forgot her paper but she could totally remember the order" which strangely enough didn't print in the kitchen meaning it was almost a 2 hour lunch.

Got back to the office and stood up someone important 'cause my boss' boss came in and made himself cozy with my shadow and I and I couldn't escape from either one of them. Then I ended up staying at work until 11:30 pm, trying to make up for all of the stuff I didn't get done today 'cause of the shadow. Then I tried to leave and couldn't find my car keys ANYWHERE because I'm fairly sure that they're in the back of the shadow's rental car, so I ended up taking a cab home 'cause everyone I know here is in bed by 10.

Finally managed to make it inside my house only to burn dinner AND have to murder a roach, which means that first thing on the agenda tomorrow is a call to the bug people to come kill everything under 10 pounds in my house. And, the blogger thing ATE all of my links and is now saying that I'm not following anyone and I know that if I have to recreate it, I won't remember half of them 'cause I'm totally cool like that.

So, I'm going to drag off to bed quickly before this day attacks any more - but I have to get up super early tomorrow to try to cage a ride into work from someone. *sigh* It's going to be a GREAT week, I can just sense it.


Suldog said...

Hey, you've got nowhere to go but up!

God bless.

Floridacracker said...

Yowza! Tough day.

endangered coffee said...

so ...
rough day?