Friday, September 22, 2006

Things I've Done, Part 3 (questions 101-150)

Finally finished! Whew.

So, part one can be found here.
Part two can be found here.

Total for all 150 questions:
Yes: 34 + 23 + 23 = 80
Half-credit: 5 + 4 + 3 = 12
No: 11 + 23 + 24 = 58

~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.~~.

Total count for the third part:
Yes: 23
Half-credit: 3
No: 24

Abstract:
Yes: 102, 104, 109-111, 116, 118, 120, 122, 125, 127-130, 133-136, 138, 140, 144, 145
Half-credit: 108, 114, 146
No: 101, 103, 105-107, 112, 113, 115, 117, 119, 121, 123, 124, 126, 131, 132, 137, 139, 142, 143, 147-150

101 - Walked The Golden Gate Bridge. I haven't spent any time in SanFranciscoo. My cousin is getting married there next spring, so this will hopefully change.

102 - Sang loudly in the car and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking. Certainly. Haven't you?

103 - Had plastic surgery. Nope.

104 - Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived. More than one of them, actually.

105 - Wrote articles for a large publication. Nope.
106 - Lost over 100 pounds. Nope.
107 - Held someone while they were having a flashback. Nope.

108 - Piloted an airplane. I'm going to say half credit here, 'cause I dated a guy once who ran a charter service with his dad. I've never taken off, but I've flown, and even landed once.

109 - Petted a stingray. Pre-Katrina Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans had an area where you could pat little ones. Scratchy.

110 - Broken someone's heart. I didn't mean to.

111 - Helped an animal give birth. If by help, you mean stand there, ready to speed dial the vet.

112 - Won money on a TV game show. Nope.

113 - Broken a bone. Nope. I bounce - at least so far.

114 - Gone on an African photo safari. See #5. I have gone to The Wilds, near Cambridge, Ohio so, I'll say half credit here 'cause I went on an African ANIMAL photo safari, even if I was in Ohio.

115 - Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced. Not intentionally. I did staple my thumbs together once though. Man, that hurt!

116 - Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol. Of course. My father taught me early and well.

117 - Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild. Yuck. Fungus.

118 - Ridden a horse. I grew up with them, and ride every chance I get.

119 - Had major surgery. Nope, thankfully. My closest (and only) was the extraction of my wisdom teeth this spring.

120 - Had a snake as a pet. Once, on vacation, we found 2 black racer snakes in our cabin. The ranger wouldn't touch the margarine container once he knew what was in it, so we took them home. We had them for a couple of years. They were neat.

121 - Hiked to the bottom of The Grand Canyon.

122 - Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours. My personal record was right after I graduated from college. That semester ranks as the 16 worst weeks of my life - working 30+ hours a week, taking 21 credit hours of engineering classes and running two households while my grandmother and my mother were out of commission. I fell into bed after the graduation ceremony and woke up 36 hours later.

123 - Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States. See # 5.

124 - Visited all 7 continents. See #5.

125 - Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than two days. Yup - in high school a bunch of us went. It was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind doing it again.

126 - Eaten kangaroo meat. No. I'm not really interested in it either.

127 - Eaten sushi. Tried it. Yuck.

128 - Had your picture in the newspaper. I was quite the nerd in high school, and routinely got my picture in the paper for awards for writing and science and such.

129 - Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about. You do not want to get me started on the state of civil liberties in our current, so-called "free" society.

130 - Gone back to school. I went to college directly out of high school, was there for 2 years and quit. Two years later, I went back and finished my degree.

131 - Parasailed. Not yet, but I want to - it looks like SO much fun!

132 - Petted a cockroach. I've sucked a couple up in vacuum cleaners, and squashed a couple, but never have I petted one. Why in God's name would you?!? *shudder*

133 - Eaten fried green tomatoes. I didn't really care for them.

134 - Read The Iliad And The Odyssey. Turns out Miss Gradwell and Mrs. Berry knew what they were doing.

135 - Selected an important author who you missed in school and read something they wrote. I managed to miss "Les Miserables" during school.

136 - Killed and prepared an animal for eating. Only if you count fish as animals. I'm too squeamish about my little forest friends to hurt them. I didn't kill the chicken, but I did prepare and cook one - starting with the plucking. I didn't eat it though. I was too grossed out by the whole process of preparation.

137 - Skipped all your school reunions. Nope. I went to my ten year, and will probably go to my fifteen year.

138 - Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language. Sure, especially if you count critters.

139 - Been elected to public office.

140 - Written your own computer language. Fortran sucks, but I've done it.

141 - Somehow or another, this one got lost in the shuffle, so I'm making up my own question. Have you ever consumed more than 5 pots of coffee in a day? Yes. During that last hell semester of college, I was subsisting on two hours or so of sleep a night and between eight and ten pots of coffee during the day. I don't recommend it.

142 - Had to put someone you love into hospice care. Not yet. The day is coming, however.

143 - Built your own PC from parts. No. I'm kind of surprised at myself. Maybe that's what I'll do this weekend.

144 - Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you. Actually this one and the next are rather closely tied together as I sold some of my paintings at a street fair.

145 - Had a booth at a street fair. Yup. See above.

146 - Dyed your hair. I'm going to say half credit here. I've dyed it for Halloween with that washout stuff and once it was inadvertently turned grass green by pool chemicals.

147 - Been a DJ. Nope.

148 - Shaved your head. No, but it felt like it when I got sick of my hair in high school and chopped off several feet.

149 - Caused a car accident. Not that I know of.

150 - Saved someone's life. Not that I know of.

No comments: