Thursday, November 30, 2006

Beta Blogger

Well, so far, it sucks.

It can't remember my password, so I have to log in for every comment and post, complete with the four hundred and one security boxes each time. It says you can still log in with your blogger account, but if you try that, you get a snarky little message about having to use the google account. I'm not very happy with their privacy policies, but I suppose that's neither here nor there, and I'm already seeing an increase in the amount of spam I'm getting so that's got me pissed off too.

More disturbing is that the damn site's been down and I've gotten more errors in the week of beta blogging than I got in over a year with the original. I've been trying for over an hour, on and off, to visit MM over at the Masthead. Every time, I get a page that says "google error, try again in 30 seconds."

This week, I've lost two complete posts when I tried to publish - it even ate the in-process versions that I'd saved as I went. And guess what? That's two more posts than I've ever lost before.

So, boo to google. Fix this or gimme the old one back.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

The error message thingie was, I think, just a system-wide thing, unrelated to whatever problems you might be having. I got those messages for about a ten-minute period yesterday, myself, trying to visit a few different sites.

As for the rest of it... Ooh, there ought to be some sort of monetary recompense for "eating" posts. That just totally blows.