Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Snowing!

Okay, so they said it was going to snow yesterday. I totally didn't believe them.


'Cause they always say it's going to snow and it never does. Didn't believe 'em even when they showed me this:




Well, even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn 'cause holy crap, we have snow now!



It was raining last night on my way home. Okay, actually, it was kind of slushing but even then I didn't believe their storm warning. And later, I could hear icey-sounding things hitting the windows. Still didn't think a whole lot about it.


I woke up this morning to a wonderland. We had over 10" on the ground and it is still falling. And it's the heavy, sticky kind of snow that makes for a great snowball fight. It's killing me to be here at work today. I wanna go play in the snow!


I may go sledding this weekend, or just out walking. The snow is sticking to the trees and everything - it's beautiful. Yeah, I know. I've moaned and groaned about winter for years, but for some reason, this snow is making me happy. Maybe 'cause it's Friday and I don't HAVE to spend time out in it if I don't want to. Or because this is the first significant snowfall of the year and I've still got enough kid in me to think it's kinda magic to wake up to a whole new world.

I'm going to fill a storage tub with snow tonight and drop the kitten in it. It will undoubtedly keep me entertained for quite a while. And I think I'll build a snowman. Maybe I'll go completely wild and try to photograph a flake or two. Whatever I end up doing, happy winter everyone!

1 comment:

Suldog said...

There's nothing so nice as a snowstorm when you can choose to be inside or out in it!