Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


I'm actually finishing this post on Sunday, because on Halloween I was tired. I was tired because on Thursday, I decided, at 11:30 at night, to make Halloween cookies. I have a habit of doing this - you'd think at some point I'd learn pre-planning.

This time at least, I took pictures - at 5:00 am when I stumbled off to bed for a nap before getting up to head off to work. Thanks to my friend the coffee pot, I made it through the day, barely. So I fell into bed pretty early on Friday. Actually, I didn't make it that far. I made it to the couch and woke up there sometime Saturday, in time to stagger off and get ready to go to a friend's annual bonfire. It was a beautiful evening, and I had a lot of fun, but it was late when I got home. I smelled like fall and bonfires when I got home. I wish they could bottle the scent of bonfire smoke. I'd marinate in it.

Anywho, I didn't go completely overboard on the decorating this year - no one had teeny tiny fangs, but I did break out the tweezers to put sugar crystal pupils in my cats' eyes, as seen here:


And my little bats had spooky red eyes with purple rims.


The ghosties and the jack o'lanterns were cute too.



Then I packed them up and took them into work. People here are not the sugar buzzards that they were at my last job - I actually had a couple to bring home.


Anyway, I hope you had a great Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutest. cookies. ever!!!

You are *so* like me. I'm sending you a sympathy card, post-haste! LOL!