The latest finished stuff is here, in part 1.
These are my shelves at the studio. Note all of the stuff in process on the top shelf.
I've been on a mug kick lately. These four are ready to glaze. I had a bit of a problem with the handle on the last one, so it went into a later bisque firing.
President's Day Weekend was a very good one for me - I got Monday off - yay! - AND Deb had things to do in the studio. (She's got a key and I can stay as late as she does - I like days when she has things to do.) So I spent all of the long weekend playing in the mud. A result of that - these bowls were thrown, trimmed, carved, sanded, painted and ready for bisque in one weekend. Next thing you know, I'll be a production potter!
As with the mugs, I've been playing with sets of things. This is my first attempt at a set of four bowls. If I glaze them all the same, they'll certainly look like a set, right?
My friend P has been fascinated lately with combining contrasting clays to get a marbled effect. These have the added benefit of easy glazing - dip it in clear and you're done. Of course, if you are like me and don't think to use a rib to clear the slip from the piece as you throw it, you get to spend about four years sanding to bring out the color variations. *sigh* Since she's been kind enough to actually wedge the clays together, I've played a bit too. It's interesting, but I'm not nearly as into it as she is.
And here is where I am now - I have so much to glaze that I've stolen another shelf. I'm not allowing myself to throw anything else until I get this under control.
(Of course, by the time I actually get this published, I'll hopefully have a bunch more in the pipeline. The never ending story...)